Professional Project Management Training for OrganizationsJeremy Stewart | February 21, 2018 | 0 | x---Educational
In the business environment, people have to grapple with constantly changing needs and challenges. Some of these can be quite disruptive. Some of these require that businesses get out of their comfort zones to embrace new ideas and processes whether it be new process innovations or new technologies. Organizations that offer their staff project management training are always better equipped to cope with these kinds of challenges compared to those who do not invest in any form of capacity building when it comes to managing large projects or new ideas.
At the end of the day, projects are managed by people and the more equipped they are the better. Project management training is necessary even for those organizations and individual consultants who have developed very refined business processes that work with great efficiency. Business is constantly evolving and even if systems are well refined, they need to be constantly refined in order to maintain the competitive edge in the industry and always stay one step ahead of your closest challengers.
Successful project management training can take many forms. On the one hand, it can be an in-house training program that is developed and executed within the company if the company has the right kind of expertise within its ranks. The second and more popular route is to choose experts outside the company who specialize in project management training to help equip your staff with the requisite skills.
The training is particularly important for the project managers who want to build up on their knowledge and expertise in order to successfully deliver on their project management tasks. It helps these managers to consolidate on their expertise and build a highly competent skill set that will enable them approach each project with confidence and knowledge.
As a project manager, acquiring this kind of training increases your expertise in your chosen areas of operation and puts you in a position to deliver in even the most complex of projects. There are courses provided by trainers such as New Horizons which can assist the project managers in reaching greater heights of success. These will be applicable whether the project managers are new in their fields or are experienced managers who need to add on their expertise with some specialized forms of training.
You will learn the skills that help you expand your scope so that you will even be in a position to handle multiple kinds of projects. There are several courses that you can undertake in the project management that will help you expand on your horizons. These include the following:
- Advanced Project Management: Expert level training to expand your existing project management skills.
- Earned Value Management: An advanced level training that imparts trainees with knowledge to understand the power of Earned Value in project management tasks.
- The Event Fundamentals for the Non-Project Managers: This is a foundation course that imparts hands on skills on how to successfully manage events, facilities and sites.
- Project Contract Management: An advanced level course for managing the vendor-partner relationships.
- Project Management Fundamentals: Foundation course that offers a primer on the fundamentals of project management.
- Project Planning and Control: Advanced level course on project planning.
- The Risk Management Best Practices and Trends: Advanced level course on how to realize your objectives when you are grappling with various risks and challenges.
These are some of the project management courses offered by New Horizons but there are many more that will expand your scope of knowledge in project management. You can sample these in detail here http://www.nhaustralia.com.au/professional-development-courses/project-management-and-planning-courses.